Monday, March 30, 2009

Whoa oh, we're half way there, Whoa oh, livin' on a prayer.

This week we decided the weather was too beautiful to stay at home so we headed to Raglan. We spent the evening walking along the beach, watching the sun set and eating.

Yes, that is a huge zit on my face. Just focus on the background, pretty eh?


Every year Hamilton has a balloon festival. Balloons come from all over the world. They fly in the morning and afternoon all week, have parades, visit schools and have a night glow. A turtle shaped balloon came to our school. They blew it up and let the kids watch. It is all the kids at school can talk about. Quite honestly I am sick of balloons.


Over the weekend we went on a roadie with Stewart and Averil. We drove along the Coromandel Peninsula and ended up at (drum roll please) HOT WATER BEACH! There is thermal activity along the beach so for 2 hours on either side of low tide you can dig a hole and it fills up with hot water. It was insanely busy (thanks to Lonely Planet) but also very amazing. We dug our hole, relaxed in the hot water, cooled off in the ocean and repeated for about 2 hours.


We stayed the night at a beach motel and our room was SO small I could touch both wall at the same time. We also visited a little social club that Averil and Stewart belong to and I won $66 on the pokies. I don't have any idea how or why I won, I just pushed buttons.

A little note I wrote for those who are stuck in the snow in Utah while I am gallivanting around the beach.

We did a short hike to a place called Cathedral Cove. It is a huge arch carved in the white rock right on the beach. It was beautiful and so HOT there. We had to get our togs on jump in the ocean to cool off. This is myself, Candace and Stewart in front of Cathedral Cove.


Apparently I am just loading this blog down with pictures. Candace and I at Cathedral Cove.

P.S. Could you all please make sure it stops snowing before I come back. Otherwise I am staying here. Thanks.

4 comments:

Candace said...

Raglund? or Raglan?

McKell said...

Thank you Candace. That is why I keep you around. Together we make a complete brain. Honestly, I like spelling things phonetically the way their accents sound.

J. Melody said...

Everythings looks and sounds soooo fun!!!

me said...

I like how Candace is checking out the guy on the beach that is walking into the water pulling his shorts down.