Sunday, October 21, 2007

Holding Down the Fort in Logan

Well I just thought that I would put some perspective on the phrase "mundane life". I feel like people have been throwing that term around a little too loosely. To demonstrate here is what I did this weekend.
Darci followed me around with her camera. I was a psuedo model for her art project. I look particularly homeless in this one, good thing I don't normally sit alone in alleyways.

In front of the cool Utah theater, standing in the middle of the road, hoping not to get hit by a car.

Alina, you can paint gourds.... but can you STACK them? And yes that is my Arthur coloring book in the corner, that was last weekends entertainment.

It took a lot of determination and time, but I finally got ALL of the gourds stacked onto one pumpkin. You may hold your applause. I hope you all had a great weekend.

7 comments:

wild murdocks said...

Maybe we should have a mundane contest.

"I live the most mundane life--hands down!"
"No! I do! My life is very, very boring, and I can prove it!"

I think you've hit on a great act for next year's gourd festival. I'll start working on a gourd outfit for you, and maybe you could not only balance gourds, but juggle them too!

I think I like the homeless photo the best.

miranda said...

Wow!!! I'm quite impressed with the stacking of the gourds! You always amaze me. Looks like a fun weekend in Loagan!

Unknown said...

kell,
sweet pictures. your beanie is awesome. and we love how you are still wearing chacos. that is hardcore...one thing...there is no such thing as living a mundane life in logan. we love you..

tiffy girl said...

Kell, I wanted to thank you for your "all things Brandi section" on your blog. I think I am in love. I had never heard of her, but I am totally digging her music. She is truly talented. So thanks!

J. Melody said...

Let's settle the whole mundane life debate this weekend and see who shows up at the Halloween party with the most "mundane" constume.

We almost came to Logan Sunday to see John and Becca's baby, but he's still in the hospital. We could have helped you stack your gourds and given you stockings to wear with your chacos (zoobie style).

We'll come up another weekend soon...so we can witness the anything but mundane college life.

Rachel said...

Though the gourd stacking is very impressive, I'm left wondering how you came into possession of my old couch?

When Alex checked your blog (over my shoulder of course because he'd never admit he's lame enough to blog on his own) he said, "Why does McKell look homeless?"
I think you should ditch school all together and pursue the modeling thing full time. You're very convincing.

McKell said...

Rach, I thought you knew that I raided your apartment after you left? That really must have been a popular pattern, we also had these couches at home. I am glad I am convincing as a homeless woman, though hope it is not my clothes that give that impression... those are my real clothes.