Friday, September 11, 2009

Sometimes I wish I were her.

When I was little, and Dawson's Creek was cool (wait, was it ever?) I used to wish I were Katie Holmes. I just thought she was so pretty and oh so cool. Well now, I have grown up a bit, Katie Holmes went crazy and married Tom, and I have changed my views. I want to be Brandi Carlile. I do. I want to sing like her and I want to come home and have the twins playing the guitar on my porch.

We went to see Brandi last night at The Depot (which, by the way, is a SAWEET venue). She is so fabulous. It was the first show of her tour promoting her much awaited album Giving up the Ghost. She played tons of new songs which were amazing! I never wanted her to stop playing.


Stacy, myself, Candace and Miranda moments before the show. Nate is not pictured, but he was there.



A little snippets of what you can expect on Oct. 6. Her voice is just out of this world. Did I mention that I really like Brandi Carlile?

2 comments:

Connie Whitesides said...

Oh can we relive the concert when you get her cd. And I come to see you and we dance as if she was right there in front of us? Thanks.

tina said...

Just so you know, Dawson's Creek was totally cool! Watched it all the time. By the way, did I mention I have a son named Dawson? lol