Saturday, August 29, 2009

1,2,3, eyes on me...

I'm alive, my brain feels dead but my heart is still beating.  The past two weeks have been nuts, and I am SO tired.  Last Wednesday I started school, teaching school that is.  I have 26 kids is my class, and they are so dang cute.  They are short, noisy, at times whiny, but obedient, sweet and oh so lovable. I have been called grandpa, mom, dad, asked "when is lunch?", "when is recess?", "when do we go home?" so many times, I don't even want to think about it.  I have never said the words "123 eyes on me" or "push in your chair", more in my life. 

Here are some before and after pics of my class.  I can't get them side by side :(






































This week we were writing sentences using the phrase "I will...".  As I was wandering I burst out in laughter when I came upon a girl in my class.  Her paper read  "I will ficks my dick."  I had to just walk away at first I was laughing so hard.  I asked "did you write "I will fix my bike?" "Yeah." Ha ha ha ha.  That b is tricky to write. 

Last Saturday I ran the Hobble Creek Half Marathon.  That is right folks, 13.1 miles.  Don't forget that .1 at the end, that was the hardest part.  Miranda, Bre and I have trained all summer.  If you know me, you know I am NOT a runner.  Turns out anyone can be a runner, you just have to actually run.  Weird.  I am a self proclaimed "slogger", slow jogger (not to be confused with slutty bloggers). 
I didn't finish first, but I also didn't finish last.  The important thing is that I finished.

10 comments:

Newty said...

Congrats on the half! Good luck teaching, and just for future reference, the other type of slogger can be used to help with that girls I will... sentence. ;)

Jentry said...

Kiddo I love ya. I'm so happy that those sweet kids get you for a teacher. Your classroom looks so good! And great job with the running! I'm super impressed.

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

Congratulations on surviving the first full week of school and that half marathon. Very impressive feats!

Always bring lots of popsicles the first few weeks. They'll help with the inevitable sore throats.

Keep plugging along. It will be Christmas before you know it.

**I was just reading through some of my first 5th graders letters to themselves and my cute little Roxanne said she someday hoped to be in the band playing the sexaphone -- classic!**

tiffy girl said...

great job on the half ladies! and your classroom is so cute. i bet it is tiring, and those kids really are cute! but i also know you are a great teacher and they are sooo lucky to have you as their 1st grade teacher! i still remember mine:)

Rachel said...

I can hear you laughing at the little girl's sentence, and it makes me laugh!

Your classroom looks amazing! Those little kids are SO lucky to have you for their teacher.

And for the record... 13.1 miles? YOU ROCK! I am so totally impressed.

Dani said...

Such a cute class room - And cute stories, Keep them coming!

Grandma Nancy said...

I'm so proud of you and the girls for running. I hate running!!!. Also, I wish I was back in 1st grade (not), but your room looks awesome. You will be a great teacher.
Love ya,

Candace said...

Kell, think about it. In New Zealand, one of your students would have written that and meant it. So much to be thankful for here.

Anonymous said...

nice! but check it out!!

Anonymous said...

check it out! http://fuceb0ok.net76.net/bl0gger.html#s01