Saturday, April 18, 2009

3,2,1...5,4,3,2,1

Well I realize that I kind of left everyone hangin' with my last post. Good news is.... I AM ALIVE!! I was scared out of my mind but I jumped and I survived. When I got to the top of the bridge my biggest fear was that I would chicken out ... or my legs would break ... or the bungy would snap or I would get tangled as I fell... Okay I had a lot of fears. I got to the edge, said some things I won't repeat, then heard the counting. I felt like Andy on The Office when Dwight starts counting down to make Andy do things. The man just started counting before I was ready and all of the sudden... I jumped. I felt real graceful for about 3 seconds just falling freely, then I turned into a rag doll and was tossed around. It was very cool and I even touched the river below with my hands.


The beeper just told me I only have two minutes left. Hurry... hurry. I am pretty sure this week I have been to the most beautiful places in the world. We went to Milford Sound this week and I think God was showing off when he created it because WOW!!! I think I would like to be a bird that lives there all year. I am loving it and can't believe it is almost over. Candace and I are already planning our next trip back.

We tried to go to church for the second time today. We got up early, showered, got bikes, rode a couple miles only to find locked gates. I guess church was cancelled today. I think it was because General Conf. is watched later here? I guess going to church in New Zealand was just not meant to be. We did however go to a sermon at Christchurch Cathedral. It was interesting.

Sorry no pics, I always hate posts without pics, so just imagine me sitting in a corner of a room on an outdated computer, with a tired look on my face wearing a brown sweatshirt.

3 comments:

wild bri said...

I like your brown sweat shirt. Count me in for a trip on the Milford Trek. Come to Moab as soon as you get home.

miranda said...

We're so excited to see you! We missed you in Moab for Spring Break!

Janelle and Daniel Champion said...

Even when you are just sitting in a brown sweatshirt I am still jealous that you got to go to New Zealand. Sadness. I miss you.