Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Are you waiting for your prince charming?

Tonight Darci, Kate and Myself were on campus, at Old Main to be more specific. We were taking pictures of me on the "A", which is totally lame and cheesey, BUT Alina wanted me to for a portfolio I have to put together. Anyways I am standing on the "A" complaining that it is sticky when I hear this guy, but there is no guy with us. We all looked over, assuming he was going to be mocking me for actually taking pictures on the "A". For those of you who aren't USU alumni or attendees, the "A" is a small platform, held up by four A's. This is where true aggie night takes place, where mobs of people attack each other and kiss while touching the "A", thus becoming "True Aggies" (no, I have never attended, this is just the word on the street). Anyways he asks if I am waiting for my prince charming to come and kiss me on the "A". Before it can get too awkward, he laughs and asks us if we want to throw a boomerang. I was thinking that "throw a boomerang" might be slang for something else, so I was hesitant to answer. Turns out he really wanted to teach us how to throw a boomerang. So we ended up hanging out with him and his friends and they really taught us how to throw a boomerang. I had never done this, and it was quite fun, a little scary when they fly past your head, but fun.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Go Kell!! Maybe you should start hanging out around that "A" more often and spend less time in the office with a bunch of women! :)

miranda said...

Cute picts!! I still think throwing a boomerang is slang for something else!! Tell us what he really taught you! :)

McKell said...

I can't tell you Randa, it is a secret.

wild murdocks said...

I enjoy forcing people into doing cheesy and annoying things :)...But just look at the results of following my suggestion
--new boomerang friends!

Unknown said...

yes. this is wonderful. you guys looked like you belong in a magazine. good thing he really had a boomerang or things might have gotten wierd. and kell, i WAS planning on living in hillside my senior year too...but something came up. maybe i shouldn't tell you that, it might mix with the fates.

J. Melody said...

Hmmm...now if you would have gone to BYU you wouldn't have to worry if "throwing a boomerang" means something else. (I fear I may be asking for Murdock mocking with this one...)

renostar said...

I love it! I also have a photo of myself somewhere posing on the A... alone. Just the way it should be. My roommates and I would sit in front of the Vet Science bldg and mock all the prospective "true aggies" - do watch it. It's pretty hilarious and the rumors don't do it justice. Never got to experience a boomerang with at USU, sadly. That's pretty awesome!