Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Break 2008 woot woot!

Wow it has been sometime since I have updated this thing. Truth is school controls my life! I don't know what it is about this semester but it is grueling. Luckily this past week I was free (free fallin') from school, free from studying, free from homework, free from work. And that calls for a WOOT WOOT! This spring break was a time for me to try new things. I had a lot of firsts.... First time I had ever been a bridesmaid, first time going to preschool, first time in a real "hole in the ground" hot spring. To start the break my roommate/friend Michelle got married. Hence the bridesmaid, well pseudo bridesmaid, I don't know if you could call us bridesmaids because all we really did was pose for pictures. We were all very excited for her, but sad to lose her as well. I then went to preschool with Mar Bear, which anything that involves Mar Bear is usually hilarious. Then my very patient brother Tyty took us backpacking in Zions. He planned the trip and then was very slowly outnumbered by females. It was a blast and I am proud to say that I am the only one of the trip who didn't slip in the mud, fall into the river, or run into a tree.

Oh and I hope Ty and Bre aren't mad that I made a video with some of their pictures.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

you probably thought like i always did, zion for spring break, that will be warm, then is snows, looked like a great trip, other than the picture of tyler wearing tights and showing off his leg in a model like pose, nice ty, later kell

Unknown said...

where to start... don´t let todd get to you ty, are you kidding me? todd wears the tights with out shorts, classy.

kell, michelle did it! give her my love! and was darc wearing an arm brace or arm warmers? i miss those cold days, but knowing darc, probably a brace.

anyhow it all looked awesome! i´m still loving your hair, and remember that sad day we kept missing each other on face book?? love you ashli

Unknown said...

and ps, i laughed out loud about your nintendo comment, sorry that all 3 of these comments are me and todd. ha.

Jentry said...

So glad to have you back in the blogging world, we sure did miss you around the office.

miranda said...

Love your pictures! Maren was so excited to have you come to school with her! Thanks! You all looked very cute in your peacock colors at the wedding! Love ya!

creed said...

Running into trees? Whos running into trees?

Im glad you found Meadows hot springs, I haven't driven I-15 without stopping there ever since I've was introduced to that place. I love it!

TyandBre said...

I'm only mad because I made a sweet movie with all of our pics on Sunday and now I can't get it to upload! And I have absolutely no patience to fix it so I'm glad you put our pics to good use... Maybe eventually I will take the time to make it work. :)

wild murdocks said...

Woot, woot! Looks like a full and happy spring break! I'm glad you took advantage of the free time. The hike looked delightful, but the hot springs looked the most inviting.

are you ready for some egg hunting fun this weekend Easter bunny?

xoxo

me said...

I swear I have seen those 4 girls on a log before, O.K. that joke is getting old but I don't know why Tyler would be mad because I use to have dreams about being in his situation.

Anonymous said...

Atta boy Nate

Rachel said...

you die hard outdoorsy types boggle my mind. weren't you cold?!

i need you to teach me how to do that movie-making thing. i'm very impressed with your skills kell.

Unknown said...

kell it's me again. i wish for an update... what's going on in your life?? sure miss you. and you should know that we are in an internet cafe right now and the song "i get lost, in a glance..could this be, what's called romance.." was playing and the owner of the cafe was singing right along. i love my life.

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

Since you brought up Baxter family vacations: when I watched your slide show (in its entirety) I thought of the time in Cabo when Darci fell in the ocean and couldn't get up for quite some time. She looked like a little baby gazelle. I wondered if she had any such problems on your hiking trip with the heavy backpacks. Hope all is well with the teaching.

K :)

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

And yes, I totally copied your haircut. :)