Sunday, December 2, 2007

Only At Christmas Time

Tis the season for creativity! Our decorations this year certainly are far from ordinary, which we ourselves are also becoming. Because of lack of funds and "real" decorations, we had to put our heads together (and steal some ideas from Alina) to make our apartment glow with Christmas goodness.
We started by covering our windows with shrink wrap, which I think is usually the best place to start the winter festivities. You may also notice that while inside our little apartment we are all wearing scarves (which Jen, I don't own one of my own ;) ), our heat is not working and we are FREEZING! Anyways, we ended up cutting a branch off of our neighbors pine tree (shhh, don't tell). We then grabbed one of Michelle's real skirts and used it as a tree skirt, then hung a star from the ceiling down to the tree. When we realized we had no lights for the tree we strung popcorn, and with no ornaments we hung our ear rings, no Christmas stockings we hung our own socks. Needless to say we are proud of our humble abode.

8 comments:

Mauri said...

Kell-

You girls are Awesome! I love the decorations.

wild murdocks said...

I'm so glad your carrying on the stealth-college-Christmas-tree- caper tradition. A+ to all of you for creativity!

kissy

Rachel said...

Your stockings are absolutely my favorite part of your decor. And, I love the photo taken from the outside looking in.

What fun memories you're all making. You make me nostalgic for my youth.
I TURN 30 NEXT WEEK! (except I don't because I'm refusing to. 29 FOREVER!)

J. Melody said...

Your video is so cute...and so are your homemade decorations. I don't like it when houses look like department store windows at Christmas. The home-ier the better. Kudos to your ingenuity...and thanks for the hint.

miranda said...

Love it!! We made christmas chains at moms last night!! She said you would make them every year!! :) Oh we didn't make gingerbread houses either, so we're waiting for you to get home to make them. Love ya!!

Unknown said...

you are going home TOMORROW??? yes! way to work it. too bad you have to leave all your hard work behind.
can't wait to see you!

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

McKell--

You have a blog!!! I'm adding you as one of my friends as we have often played games and made treats at my parents' house together. Tell Kellie McBaxter "Hi" as she is my sister. Can you believe she's going to Ukraine? I had to look it up on a map; I'm so lame and awful at geography. See you soon for some fabulous Baxter family fun and teacher-talk. :)

Katie :)

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

December 23-29 is the answer to your lovely question.

Let's cook something yummy and play Rook -- it's a deal!