Friday, September 7, 2007

Wild Life

So I guess I am making up for the pictureless blog by having way too many on this one. This is from our trip to Jackson Hole, where apparently people think it is okay to have arches made of antlers.
This is Bjorn the bear, he decided to join us on our hike for a second or two. He looked all soft and cuddly until you saw the 4 inch claws coming out of his paws.


This is the sign coming into Yellowstone, don't worry we all giggled (even the tough guys).


Just hanging out (I know I've used the joke before) in my trusty hammock that goes everywhere with me...


One morning two HUGE moose came trotting into the campground. Although you can't see it, there was a trailer parked behind Bullwinkle with a 10 ft. satellite dish , classy campers I'll tell ya.


Everyone waiting for Old Faithful to come through once again.


A picture as good as this one can not be hidden away. Our bagels were so hard it was like eating cream cheese on a slab of wood (not quite concrete)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Ahhh, to be young and single again. Wait, did I just write that out loud? No, I didn't mean that (except I sort of did).

Looks like you had a great time. Just wondering... is it ever cumbersome to go everywhere with your hammock in tow? :)

wild murdocks said...

It's never too many pictures, believe you me! What a delightful trip! It makes me happy to know you are not buried in homework, working your little brain to the bones, and not getting out to smell the roses. Your group did need a couple more men though--just to even things out--winky, winky.

McKell said...

Thank you Alina. I guess you better find more men for us if you are so worried about it. And Rach it is a backpacking hammock, so it is quite easy to transport.

Levi & Crystal said...

Wow...a picture really does say a thousand words...as well as leave an awful, dry, crunchy taste in your mouth remembering those wonderful, high class breakfasts we enjoyed...nice work on putting it all together kell...I think we should start looking into a moab trip....and I'll see what I can do about getting some more male-bodies there to keep you warm at night ;-)

Unknown said...

hey...
i have to say that my favorite part of it was the "wild life" pun. hahaha. and i can't believe you got such good pictures of animals! (especially the boys...) i'm kidding. that was bad. but really though, sam has competition! well anyhow that looked really fun. todd takes his hammock everywhere too. what a great purchase.
ashli