Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick-or-Treat

Last weekend we had Mar-bear's birthday party which is a always a blast. This year there were some top notch costumes, the bar has risen. As you can tell I dressed up as a stick figure.


We also carved pumpkins last week. I tried a new technique, scraping the pumpkin instead of carving all the way through. It was pretty hardcore and took a little more time than expected. I was really excited to put my pumpkin outside our door in Logan. When I got there I realized the next door apartment, who hates Obama and anyone who supports him, had been "tagged". Someone wrote Obama for pres on their window. I knew they would think I was involved (which I wasn't) so I decided for the safety of my pumpkin I would keep it indoors this year.

For my practicum I am in a first grade class. All of the kids dressed up in costume and we had a big party. All of the first grade teachers dressed up as butterflies. We made the wings out of hangers and tissue paper. Teachers are apparently very creative, I will need to work on that.

I also came home and we had Rio's birthday party and went trick or treating. Okay so I didn't go trick or treating but I did attempt to sneak up on and scare the kids outside.

3 comments:

tiffy girl said...

look at you little miss halloween. love the costume:)

miranda said...

I must say I'm quite impressed with the wings. Your so Martha Stewart!

amelia said...

hey mckell it fun to see what you have been up to... its amelia you longlost cousin it was good to see you sunday hope to make it to the christmas party hope to see you there to!!!