Friday, October 17, 2008

Backpacking the Canyonlands

Last weekend we went backpacking down in the Canyonlands. It was supposed to rain and snow, but somehow we had clear skies the whole time. It was beautiful. The canyons are so crazy. One day we all went on a day hike and left our packs behind. Ty ran back to our packs before we left and noticed that the ravens were trying to get into my pack. He zipped it up and tried to hide the zippers. By the time we got back the ravens had unzipped my pack, took all of my clothes out, ripped open and ate some of my food. The food the didn't eat they FLEW off with. Did you know that a group of ravens is called a conspiracy!? Overall it was a great weekend.

5 comments:

miranda said...

I'm glad the weather was nice for you guys. You'll have to let me know the name of your guide- sorry about the ravens. Hope you start feeling better, see you next weekend!

Grandma Nancy said...

Kell, Those Ravens always get into everything. Greg has seen them un-zip backpacks in the Grand Canyon and fly away with all the food. I'm just gald they didn't carry you away. Looks like you had a great trip.

wild bri said...

Travelling Willburys nice! Bob, Tom,George and that other dude nobody knows. Who is the other song from?

McKell said...

I just learned that Traveling Wilbury's song on the guitar, I quite like it. The other song is Were You There by M. Ward. He is pretty awesome.

wild murdocks said...

Those rascally ravens! Great photo's, and it looks like a great time.

That was a pretty creepy spider, I can't believe River was so brave.