Sunday, August 3, 2008

I am the MURDERER of love.

Most people that know me, know that I do not like pets. But I do however like "wild" animals (for example.. Quail).
Well on Friday night around 7:35 pm I was driving up Center St. in Springville to take Darci home. We were minding our own business when a small family of quail decided it was a good time to dart out and cross the road. Now usually when driving near birds they get out of the way, even at the last second they always get away! Right?

Wrong! Seeing the family get closer and closer to the car I screamed and covered my face with my hands (I know, not the smartest thing while driving). As we passed I slowly peered into the rear view mirror only to see the small family (minus one) scatter across the road and ... one bird lumped up not moving. My screaming turned into words (some which I won't repeat) "Oh my gosh I killed their MOM, I hit one, I killed their MOM!!!" and tears streamed down my face. I dropped off a smirking Darci who's exact words were " I love that you are crying."

I could hardly bring up the courage to drive back down Center St. Passed the feathery lump. I got home and blubbered as I retold the story to a very sensitive and sympathetic family who LAUGHED at me the whole time I was crying. Thank guys for your love and support during this difficult time in my life. To add some salt to the wound my Mom even told me I was the murderer of love.

Just so you all know, the past two nights I have had nightmares about murdering animals. Keep your pets indoors.

16 comments:

miranda said...

I'm still laughing! We still love you even though your a "murderer of love." Why don't you drive over to my house, there are some cats I want to get rid of!

Janine Murdock said...

Murderer of love.....
Why don't you drive up your own street and kill those damn dogs that live next door!!!

Mom

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA mckell that is the funniest story ever and i wish i could have been there to laugh at you too! haha i love you

Shaun & April said...

LOL you are so funny! I'll make sure and keep our little Yorkie inside when I know you're in town...

tiffy girl said...

oh Kell! I am sorry that you had a bad experience. but I think your mom is serious about the dogs.....go get em killer!

E. said...

McKell -- LOVE your haircut. Saw it on Miranda's blog. Hope you all are having a great summer! Emily Haley

Anonymous said...

This is still cracking me up... Between your story and your mom's comment I will be laughing about this all week long!!

Grandma Nancy said...

Oh Kell, I am LOL. Quail are right at the top of my list with Cats. When we lived up Center Street, those damn birds would make the most horrible noise all day and they destroyed my garden. So Kudo's to you. You go get em' girl.

me said...

I wasn't going to say anything but Friday night after the "incident" and after you guys left to Moab I went over and picked up the poor dead mother quail. I brought it back,plucked it and gutted it. We had the best Sunday dinner of quail I have ever had, thanks Kell.

Rachel said...

Oh Kell, I'm so sorry that happened to you. My stomach felt a little sick for you while reading your post.

You should totally go help out Miranda and your mom with those domesticated mongrels though. :)

wild bri said...

Kell,
We were really all crying inside. We had to laugh at you so that we would not breakdown.

Unknown said...

i don't think i have laughed that hard in a long time. there is nothing like laughing at someone's pain. just kidding. that was a sad story.

seven.

mena said...

wow, that is not the little girl that I knew......I'm am so disappointed that you have grown up and treat animals like that. I know that your parents taught you better than that!!!

FeliciaK said...

Mckell, I did the same thing... only it was a larger animal. And covering your eyes doesn't help. :( I will still love you!! Fun that i found your blog! I miss you girl! Remember that time i hugged you at the mall through my Fiance's jeep? That was so fun to see you. ;)

Newty said...

we completely DESTROYED a seagull on takeoff today in SLC. at about 300 feet we found a whole flock. One narrowly escaped being sucked into the engine oly to be turned into jam on the side of the engine cowling. Fortunately no newtys were harmed in the episode. State bird my a$$!

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

To an up and coming teacher, I would highly recommend starting to shrink chip bags now. Children will literally die for a shrunken chip bag glued atop a Solo cup. It's insane! I also now utilize CHIP necklaces, which are basically shrunken chip bags with a hole poked in them and string pulled through it. I love to see nine year olds wearing trash proudly around their necks. Things like that are what make our job fun! I'm so excited for you and will gladly e-mail you anything!