Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hilariously Awkward


I love Wimbledon. In high school my friends and I would get up early and make breakfast and watch the finals. I get the same rushes watching tennis as I do when I play. I literally grunt, cringe, yelp and chuckle as I watch. This picture of the two Champions also made me grunt, cringe, yelp and chuckle. On the court they are so graceful and easy to watch, here.... not so much. I know they are athletes, not models, but still this pictures is hilariously awkward.

6 comments:

Jentry said...

That picture is priceless. I think he should cut his hair because it only looks good with that bandanna thing he wears on the court. And she is so tall and long, she just towers over him. What a year at Wimbledon.

me said...

I think Venus would kick Nadal's a** in a fist fight and they would actually look better if they switched outfits!

wild murdocks said...

I think we have some wedding pictures like this. You know how much Brian loves to wear a suit and I like big puffy princess dresses.

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

Oh how I miss Kellie's Breakfast at Wimbledon. I attempted to wake up early on Sunday and make crepes, but my 7 am goal turned into 10:30 and Raisin Bran. Luckily they played for ten hours so I got to see most of the match. Best Wimbledon ever!

Unknown said...

oh, yes. i am glad you finally found the picture. purple is in, afterall. well that was a fun weekend.

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

So, I e-mailed Kellie your Wimbledon blog and here's what she had to say:

I think Nadal is usually good looking on the court, but he looks so awkward in that picture, and the pants are about 6 inches too long, with all of that money you think he could find some that would fit. Maybe he is too busy buying millions of tennis balls.

Just thought you might enjoy.
K :)