Saturday, June 28, 2008

Somebody call Guiness... I think we have a record here.

I have decided that blogging is really more of a Winter "sport", when it is 3 degrees outside and you have to keep yourself entertained indoors. Now that it is summer, it is warm, the sun shines, and blogging has slowly fallen to the bottom of my "things I want to do" list. But I also do more fun things that I should blog about. Hence I have come up with a record breaking blog. Those who are about to embark on this epic journey should do so wisely. If your eyes become strained, take a break. You don't need to read the whole thing all at once. This INSANELY long blog is to document what I have done this summer.

I went climbing for the first time (outside) in Moab. Ty and Bri were kind enough to take Bre and Myself to Potash, where we competed like gladiators up the rock face.


I remodeled my bedroom. Before I started work I took a day to paint my room. While both my parents were leery about my color choices, I think it turned out quite nice. My dad at one point said "well.... that looks interesting."


The highlight thus far has been the river trip. It was the perfect trip. Although we were sad that some family members were missing, it was a ton of fun to have a trip of just our family. Alina was really "pushing" to fit in in above picture.


On our way back from the San Juan we slept in Moab, and got to the see the river bridge. The bridge is massive, yet it still sways when you jump. I don't get how concrete and steel "sways".


"The greatest place on Earth". Well that is not exactly how I feel about the carnival but the girls seem to love it. Just looking at some of the rides (and people) made me want to vomit.


Bri took his boys to ride the horses, then realized that Bre and myself have also never really ridden a horse. Luckily we rode Tilly, which is referred to as a over sized dog. Abby on the other hand was not as nice and gave someone quite a ride.


After cousins camp, Ash and myself took River and Ridge home and got to hang out in Moab for the weekend.

On Thursday Creed and Jen took us to the Arts Festival in Salt Lake. There were many interesting works of art and people. I even got to carry Everette in his slingy thing. I have never felt more like a mom. But I'll tell you what.. that baby sling is a GUY MAGNET!




We were lucky enough to catch a performance of the Rose Phantom on our way out of the Arts Festival. I don't really have anything to say... the video says it all. He will "light" up your day, I'll tell you that.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

fantastic, i'm so glad i passed thru... i like the new look!

Grandma Nancy said...

Holy Summer fun Bat Girl. I am going to have to stop by and take a look at the new room. Looks posh. Kell, you rock. I want to be just like you when I grow up.
Love ya,

tiffy girl said...

you have been super busy. i am in love with you room remodel! Did you paint the 4 picture thingy's with the tree that are grouped together? (love it) btw I also love your new blog look and the picture of the tree in your header....wow! You guys have been busy. Your family is so fun. Sorry we didn't get to join you on the river:( maybe next year. Happy summering!

McKell said...

No I didn't paint the trees. They are actually plates I found at Target that just happened to be the exact color I had just painted my room. I thought they were pretty cute.

wild bri said...

First of all let me say that in the climbing pic I was trying to imitate the famous ty ty shoulder pose, and I think it bears quite the resemblance.

I also appreciate you not saying who the "someone' was that got thrown off Abbey, my cowboy ego would be shattered if anybody ever found out.

I want to hear the rest of the "Guy Magnet" story

J. Melody said...

Love the blog and room remodels. I didn't even know about some of the fun times you've had this summer. I think the Phantom Rose tops off this epic post nicely. I loved it when he fanned out his colored fingertips with jazz hands.

wild murdocks said...

Yes! Bloggerific! It IS harder to blog in the summer. But, I'm glad you spent the time and caught up, it was well worth it! It shows what a productive and exciting life you lead!

Thanks for driving the boys down and for the visit. I got some new girly movies...

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure I went to highschool with the rose phantom, or at least a few of creeds old girlfriends used to play keyboards like that in the "talent"shows

miranda said...

I love the Rose Phantom- I just feel bad I wasn't able to see him in person. I bet he had ladies falling at his feet at the end of his performance (were you one of them Kell???) Love ya!

TyandBre said...

The Rose Phantom was definitely a hit, especially for Sedona who didn't want to leave. So hilarious! It's about time you caught your blog up to speed with your fast paced life. :)

Curt, Lace and Harper said...

Okay Mckell i had to post something about the rose phantom. This is Lacey Daily! He is Curt's cousin. His mom and Curts mom are sisters. I have not seen him in awhile. Thanks for posting that I needed a good laugh.

Pete & Kenna said...

Hey weren't we on the tennis team together :)