Saturday, January 12, 2008

A pain in my neck

So this week (today in fact) I had to take the Praxis. The Praxis is a content knowledge test that you HAVE to pass in order to student teach, and then again as a real life teacher. So this was kind of a big deal. Not only does it cost $$$, but you don't pass you don't student teach (until you take it again... and pass). So my good friends Constance and Candace came over to study this week. Since studying was kind of boring we ended up taking pictures of ourselves studying (or pretending to studying and making Pazookies).

After taking the test at 7:30 AM, I treated myself to a trip to the DI. Now I know that chances are, nobody really cares what I got at DI. BUT I was so proud of this trip that I took a picture of all the good stuff I got. I know I am a nerd, but I can't help it. I got 12 good books, a cute wallet, a wooden necklace, 3 Chinese lanterns (that actually light up), awesome shoes and an electronic Catch Phrase for a whopping total of......(drum roll please)........ 26 DOLLARS.


I forgot to tie in the title of the blog. When we took the practice test my head was tilted a weird way that made it hurt for a while. Then I spent so long looking at books at DI with my head tilted to read the titles, it was hard to straighten my neck. It is hard being a college student.

7 comments:

wild murdocks said...

So, I guess that means you got paid, and are rich now?

When do you find out the test results?

Looks like some more great books to add to your library. You'll have to let me borrow the "How to Kiss" book when you get done.

kissy

Unknown said...

yes. fantastic. i love the mokissinssisis which i can't spell and the laturns. you have a gift. and dang, we never did made pazookies!!! no!

miranda said...

We must make pazookies next time you come home, I still have not tried them (and I was the one that found the pazookie kit while shopping with mom). You'll have to post your test results!!! I'm sure you did great! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Who's the hot blonde?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

I feel your Praxis pain my friend. If it calms your anxious mind, I passed (the $300 price tag was pretty good motivation to suck it up and study). I know you did fabulously!

K

Rachel said...

Yikes! I'm sure glad I never had to take a test so I could student teach. There's no way I could have found the motivation necessary to study for a test like that. I dreaded student teaching, and a test would have just made me put it off longer.

Seriously Kell, will I ever see you again?!! I was in UT for 4 weeks and STILL didn't see half the people I wanted to see. We just need to move home so I don't have to spend all my precious Utah time running around the entire state visiting family.

I hope your Christmas was wonderful. From the looks of it, I can guess it was.